Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vancouver Update - Feb 20th

I had an excellent day today here in Vancouver! Taking a break in the morning at the house, but then I headed downtown around noon to catch the Northwest Territory show at the Aboriginal Pavilion. There were a couple of performers in the show whom I have worked with before from Iqaluit. The show was excellent, and they got a standing ovation - one which was definately deserved.

I had a couple of hours to waste, so I walked around downtown for a bit. Then I was off to BC Stadium for the Victory Ceremony tonight! That was awesome.. as the Yukon was featured tonight, and the Dakhka Khwaan Dancers from our contingent were featured as part of the entertainment. They did a fabulous job of course... and we didn't end up staying for very long, heading home shortly after the headliner act went on.

Tomorrow we have a very early morning, 6am setup at the Aboriginal Pavilion for our show.

No comments:

Post a Comment