Thursday, April 16, 2009

Film Is Not Dead!

Film is not dead... today I went to Downtown Camera Inc. and dropped off 3 rolls of E6 (slide film), and 1 roll of black and white. All shot on my Pentax 6x7 medium format camera. I can't wait to see the results! There is always something magical about shooting film, and getting it processed, opening up the roll, and taking a look at it on a light table. The gratification of nailing the exposure, getting the technical things just right, and coming home with winning images. I can't describe the satisfaction when an image moves you.

I am also anxious to get out and start using my 4x5 monorail camera again. Back in August of 2008, I dropped the holder which houses the ground glass of the camera. This is an essential part of the camera, as this is where focus is confirmed, before sliding in the film holder. Without the ground glass, you can't focus or compose the shot. I got a quote from Vistek to replace it, but the price is not right. I am looking into an alternate supplier.

As much as I love the digital world.... viva la film!

No comments:

Post a Comment