Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Haliburton Forest weekend.

While my Millworks Exhibit is still on display at Tan Coffee at 992 Queen St. W. until the end of the month of May 2009. I spent this past weekend up at my wife's family trailer in Haliburton Forest. We had a great weekend opening up the trailer for the first time since the fall. The bugs stayed away, as it was either too windy or cold for them to come out. It only got nice and sunny on the holiday monday as we were leaving. I got to spend time photographing the wolves at the Haliburton Forest Wolf Centre (I am a member), and driving around the property looking for waterfalls. There were lots of waterfalls and rapids to see at Haliburton Forest with the rivers and lakes swollen as they are this spring. I got some great images from this weekend.

The ride home was wonderful too! I took a new route, and explored a new mill which somehow I completely missed the last time I was in Kinmount. The Austin saw mill is in the midst of a restoration project. It looks like they are doing a great job too. I will be following this project throughout the summer everytime I go up to the forest. We also stopped in to Tyrone Mill on the way home to drop off some post cards from the Millworks project. The image featured on the post card was taken at Tyrone Mill. I will post some images soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment