Friday, May 8, 2009

Attending SPOOM this weekend.


I am really looking forward to tomorrow - Saturday May 9th. It will be my first time attending a SPOOM event. SPOOM is the Society for the preservation of old mills (Canadian Chapter). This is a north american wide organization which holds events, throughout the year. The emphasis is on the preservation of mills. Tomorrow's theme is on the alternative uses of old mills. Two of the mills which we will be visiting (Salem Mill and Birge Mill) have been turned into private homes, while maintaining some of the milling history in the buildings, incorporated into the home. Most of all, I am looking forward to promoting my exhibit on right now at TAN Coffee - 992 Queen St. W. and giving out post cards. Also on the list of possible mills to visit in the Grand river region is Hortop Mill (seen left). I will give a report on how the day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment