Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Colours Are Coming!

As we approach the end of September, leaves are starting to change all around us! This is my favorite time of the year, with warm days, and cool nights making it wonderful weather for being outdoors. I have also been spending a lot of time on the weekend's this past month up in Haliburton at the Haliburton Forest Wildlife Reserve, where my wife and I lease a campsite, and have a trailer on our site. Last weekend we observed a very nice start to fall colours in the highlands of Haliburton. The forest property borders on Algonquin Park - and from what I observed - I am thinking that the upcoming week will definately be prime time to visit Algonquin park for fall colours.

We may get a nice showing right up until the October 2nd/3rd weekend, but I believe that by Thanksgiving weekend, we may have significant loss of leaves - this is just my prediction - I could be wrong! In any which case --- get outside - and check out the fall colours in your area over the next few weeks - 2010 should be an awesome year for colour.

Have fun, and keep shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment