Monday, June 21, 2010

Photographers That Inspire!

In a recent issue of Outdoor Photography Canada, I was inspired by a couple of seasoned nature/wildlife photographers. The first was an article titled "Whats in my bag", where a professional wildlife/nature photographer dissects the gear that they carry around. This month was featuring Kelly Funk. I was surprised how closely matched our gear was. He also has the 200-400VR which I recently acquired. His website is www.naturalwonders.ca

The second photographer, of course is Darwin Wigget. I always look at his sunrise or landscape images, with inspiration to achieve a higher standards in my own photography. Darwin is a regular writer for Outdoor Photographer, and I love getting the magazine and seeing what he has to say.

This coming summer and fall, I am going to be concentrating more on my nature/landscape and wildlife work. I will be spending a lot of time at the Haliburton Forest Wildlife Reserve, where my wife and I lease a campsite on Black Lake. I spend many Saturday and Sunday mornings getting up at 5am, and driving up the north road to look for wildlife and/or a nice sunrise spot to shoot at. There are several good locations for sunrise, and I will continue to find more this coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment