Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Millworks Project turns 2!

I am proud to announce that yesterday was the 2nd birthday of the Millworks Photography Project. On March 24th 2008, I began photographing historic mills as an official project. The rest is history. That first day out on the project, I had taken the day off work, and headed east into the Duham region. It was there that I found Tyrone Mill, and fell in love. I continued on my journey, seeing close to 6 mills that day. (Balls Mill. Cream Of Barley Mill, Vanstone Mill, Molson Mill, Tyrone Mill, and The Brooklin Flour Mill). Since that day, I have probably seen close to 200 mills across the province.

Most of the mills are in different conditions, from falling apart, just parts lying in a river bed, to fully functioning and operational. As I embark on the 3rd year of the project, I am looking forward to discovering many of the mills that I have not seen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment